Best Vitamin C Serum For Face – Reviews
We all know that Vitamin C is an omnipresent and quite useful ingredient in many of our daily products, ranging from food items to body care. With its powerful antioxidant properties, this vitamin is a fantastic addition to our lives, in any of its many forms. If we take food for example, its content of vitamin C can help boost our immune systems, metabolism, even fight off cancer and prevent cardiovascular problems. And of course, most of us enjoy its benefits as an anti-aging ingredient in cosmetic products carrying Vitamin C Serum as an ingredient.
Vitamin C is also linked to the production of collagen, which can help with skin regeneration, or can be a fantastic addition to beauty products, helping to keep our skin beautiful and young for a longer time. All this considered, we have selected some of the best vitamin C serums to help you along in your quest for eternal youth.
Most reviews singled this product out as the top rated vitamin C serum, telling us that it is the perfect solution for all those interested in keeping their skin younger and more hydrated.
With a big dose of vitamin C to boost your collagen, moistening effects and anti-wrinkle results, Serumtologie’s Vitamin C Serum 22 is designed to make your skin brighter and softer after only a few uses.
The product is also 100% vegan, with no added Parabens, Phthalates, Petrochemicals, Sulfates, Synthetic Dyes, Aromas or GMO's.
The big pros for this anti-aging serum with vitamin C include:
- It’s great to use even for sensitive skin;
- Its results range from acne reduction to skin lightening, and of course, wrinkle fading. In our top, it was rated as the best vitamin C serum for acne prone skin.
However, some people also reported some mixed results, therefore it is worth keeping in mind that:
- Some of you might experience more or less pronounced or rapid results;
- Some batches can be easier absorbed by the skin than others.
We’re very fond of its content of Jojoba oil, Aloe and Hyaluronic acid in particular, since these ingredients have many dermatological uses, from conditioner, to moisturizer, healing and smoothing agent and even wound repairing. The Dandelion and wild Geranium can help fight against acne, burns and stings, the effects of aging, prevent muscles and skin from sagging and promote cell health and regeneration.
This is a favorite on our list, as it seems to be the most effective serum of its kind.
The OZ Naturals product contains the highest concentration of natural and active ingredients on the market, protects against free radicals and helps your skin fight against sun exposure damages, making it the best vitamin C face serum in our top.
Another bonus to keep in mind is that the ingredients used are natural, rigorously selected, tried and tested, for a more beautiful and healthier skin.
What many customers have tried and loved in this product includes:
- The fact that the OZ Naturals line is proudly promoting the use of all-natural ingredients, with no synthetic chemicals added
- The serum’s efficacy against skin discoloration, wrinkles and other types of problems
- The texture and instant effects of the product
And what we’ve discovered as being some of the less loved aspect of the OZ Naturals serums:
- It should be kept in a colder environment, like a refrigerator, in order to keep it as effective as possible.
- Using too much at a time can make your skin become slightly sticky.
Witch Hazel is a natural astringent, used in the treatment of bruises and blemishes, for brightening the skin around the eyes and fighting against many other skin problems, so we’re very happy with this ingredient in particular.
And Vitamin E, just like vitamin C, is a powerful antioxidant, helping you in your fight against the damage done by free radicals, as well as preventing the oxidation of polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Praised as a top vitamin C serum on today’s cosmetic market, the Cosmetics Skin Solution product combines the latest technology available in the skin care industry with the highest quality ingredients in order to offer you the best vitamin C serum.
We particularly like the fast and significant improvements it can bring in a variety of skin symptoms, brightening, renewing and healing, among other effects.
We see it as a great solution for many types of skin, with a fine selection of ingredient resulting in a top of the line product.
There are many pros for using this innovative skin solution, and we’d like to mention:
- The fact that it is cheaper and better than many other products of its kind currently on the market
- It can help reduce blemishes, keep skin smooth and give you a healthy glow
We really love this skin care product, but if there are some areas where it may need improvement, we feel:
- It can cause some adverse reactions if you have very sensitive skin, so a small patch should be tested first, to check your reaction to the product
- Some reviewers claimed that its water-like consistency can sometimes seem a little more difficult to apply, so using a cotton pad might be best
The main ingredients in this product are:
- Vitamin C and Vitamin E
- Ferulic Acid which is very effective in fighting off the damages done by sun exposure, as well as boosting the healing capabilities of vitamins C and E,
- Hyaluronic Acid, which helps keep your cells hydrated and, consequently, your skin smoother and more beautiful.
We particularly liked this product, since it is designed for any face type or skin nature.
This wonderful vitamin C face serum uses only tested ingredients whose efficiency has been clinically proven and it is one of the best rated Vitamin C serums on the market, receiving our stamp of approval as well.
The product can fight anything from discoloration, spots, acne and many other dermatological problems. It is also widely loved for its light feel, without any greasy or sticky residue or aftereffects.
Some of its main benefits are:
- The fact that it has a high concentration of Vitamin C and pure vegan Hyaluronic Acid, being created to hydrate and smooth out any type of skin or imperfection.
- Many reviewers have reported seeing signs of skin repair after even a few days of use, with results in both texture and appearance.
- We also liked the effect it leaves behind, softening wrinkles, giving an overall fresh and youthful look and making skin firmer and smoother.
On the downside, what we want to mention is that:
- Just like with the Cosmetic Skin Solution product, the liquid consistency of this serum might prove trickier to apply than in the case of others.
We particularly appreciate the MSM added to this product. As a key ingredient in the production of collagen, it works to keep your skin firmer and more elastic, as well as help our body’s production of keratin. The Amino Complex works on giving your skin a lighter tone and an overall glowing complexion.
Standing out on our list for its long term effects, the SkinCeuticals serum can help balance out the lipids in your dermis, working successfully on reducing any wrinkle and keeping your skin more beautiful.
We really like that it is easily absorbed, with immediate effects being visible for as long as 72 hours after initial use, making it a perfect addition to any daily beauty rituals.
What we’d like to point out as the strongest points of this serum are:
- The fact that it can be used on the face, neck and décolleté, improving the aspect and elasticity of the skin
- It can remove any blemishes, spots and wrinkles, as well as many forms of sun damage, which we consider to be a big plus.
Among the things that haven’t impressed us so much are:
- The fact that the product’s color might darken in time, because of air and light exposure.
- While the discoloration might not affect its efficacy, we advise to keep it away from direct sun light and prolonged exposure to air.
- It can prove to have a slightly pungent odor, unlike some of the other serums on our list, because of the natural vitamins it contains.
Some of us might be familiar with the Ferulic Acid and its effectiveness in combating the damage done by free radicals, as well as reducing the so-called ‘oxidative stress’ which can occur in skin.
We also appreciate the Glycerin and Propylene Glycol for their role in keeping our dermis hydrated as well as looking and feeling healthy.
Just like the other OZ Natural product on our list, this one is very loved by reviewers for the difference it can make in both skin tone and texture even from the first use.
Designed for instant repair and brightening of the dermis, this vitamin C serum for skin fights against different types of scars and blemishes, and its unique blend of ingredients offer powerful antioxidant properties, while making skin suppler.
A particularity we’d like to point out, the astrax in the name, is given by its main ingredient, Astraxanthin, a naturally occurring organic pigment, increasingly viewed as a ‘super nutrient’ for both the body and skin.
Among the things we greatly appreciate in this serum are:
- The fact that this unique formula will make your skin smoother and plumper
- It will moisturize the dermis, while boosting its regenerative capabilities.
Some of the things we we’re not so fond of are:
- The fact that, some of you might experience effects at a different rate than others, depending on skin type
- Extremely sensitive individuals might experience breakouts and even dryness.
As a main component of this serum, vitamin C is an invaluable help in the fight against aging. We would also like to highlight its help in the regeneration of other antioxidants in the body and its role in the production of collagen.
And like we’ve already pointed out, Astaxanthin is a particular substance. Considered the most powerful antioxidant, it helps protect both your skin and body from the action of free radicals and ultraviolet damage.
A vitamin C serum best known for its deep tissue action, this product made us very interested in learning more.
We appreciated its impact on sensitive skin, acting as a balm and allowing its calming properties to cool down even the most irritated type of dermis.
This serum will smooth out imperfections, keep your dermis hydrated and prevent any future damage from different environmental causes.
What we’d like to point out as the best features of this product:
- Reviewers had an especially positive reaction to its consistency, moisturizing effects and how easy it is absorbed by the skin.
- Its slight aromatic fragrance means that it will enchant your sense as smell as well as your sense of touch.
And some of the features we didn’t appreciate so much:
- Some people might find its consistency a little sticky
- In addition, it might prove to be easier absorbed by some types of dermis than others
Among this list, our favorites are the Orange Fruit extract, which is a type of conditioning agent; the Grapefruit seed extract which can help in wound healing and other types of skin irritations; the Green Tea leaf extract and the Rose Canina fruit extract, which have many antioxidant, anti-aging, anti-wrinkle and even anti-carcinogenic properties, and act as moisturizing and smoothing agents.
We can all agree that the beauty industry today has made fantastic progresses, evolving still in leaps and bounds. Unfortunately, diversity also means the need for personalized care.
The serums we have reviewed here are just a small sample of best rated aging fighters in the industry, but if you’re on the hunt for such an aid, they might be the best starting point for you. Our best picks are the Serumtologie Serum 22, because of its high concentration of Vitamin C and acceptable price range, and the OZ Natural as a close second. All in all, these wonderful vitamin C skin serums are sure to make your daily beauty routine more enjoyable.
We invite you to try them for yourself and see if you agree with our reviews or if you have your own to share. And if you’re wondering where to buy vitamin C serums, we’ve found that websites like Amazon can be very useful.