Serta Raised Air Mattress with Never Flat Pump Review 2018
Searching for a raised air mattress that doesn’t deflate and maintains desired pre-set inflation level all night?
Well, Serta Raised Air Mattress with Never Flat Pump, does exactly the same.
Sit tight and be ready to spend next few minutes to read the most comprehensive review on Serta Raised Air Mattress.
In this review, I am going to run you through every inch of Serta Air mattress and why it still stands as the best seller all through the years.
If we have to talk about one feature that makes Serta air mattress stand ahead of all others then I would vote for its patented AC neverFLAT pump technology. This is what, in fact, prompted many like me to buy this mattress.
But before we move ahead, here are some quick specifications.
Serta Air Mattress Reviews
Available sizes and dimensions
Queen – 18 (H) x 60 (W) x 78 (L) inches
Twin – 18 (H) x 39 (W) x 74 (L) inches
Queen – 20.56 lbs
Twin – 16.8 lbs
18-inches when fully inflated
2 Pumps with Built-in neverFlat Technology
- Primary pump
Inflates & deflates within 4 minutes
- Secondary pump
Monitors & maintains desired pressure level
Preset Comfort Levels
- Auto inflate
- Auto deflate
- Auto shut-off
Circular Coil Design
- Number of coils
21 coils – Twin size35 coils – Queen size
Stretchable PVC Material
- Puncture resistant
- Water resistant
Customized Bag and Integrated Cord Storage Cup
What is Neverflat pump technology?
NeverFLAT pump technology is a patented system employed in Serta Raised Air Mattresses.
The two pumps of NeverFLAT system keep the air mattress fully inflated to your desired comfort level with absolutely no scope for any air loss.
- While the primary pump is used for inflating and deflating the air mattress
- Secondary pump, called the NeverFLAT pump detects and compensates for any overnight air loss
It identifies variation in air pressure and silently pumps in additional air required to maintain preset comfort level. This helps you enjoy an uninterrupted and comfortable sleep all night.
Serta Raised Air Mattress COMFORT
How to Inflate and Deflate Serta Raised Air Mattress?
Primary Pump Performance
The main function of primary pump is to inflate or deflate the mattress within 4 minutes. Making things further easy, the mattress comes with automatic controls, auto-inflate and auto-deflate.
While testing the mattress for the first time, I simply turned on the auto-inflate feature and set the comfort level to “FIRM” and the primary pump did the remaining job.
- The pump not just inflated the mattress to the set level but also shut-off automatically on reaching the desired pressure level.
The auto-deflate function did the vice-versa well within the stipulated 4-minute time frame.
Secondary NeverFlat Pump Performance
I have tested quite a few air mattresses and noticed that overnight air loss is a common problem with most air mattresses.
What causes air loss? While asleep, we unconsciously move a lot in our bed, which in turn disturbs the firmness of the mattress resulting in air loss.
Of course, it’s sometimes disgusting to wake up in the middle of the night, turn ON the deafening pump to bring the mattress back to full inflation. It’s annoying even for others who are sleeping in the same room or at home.
Perhaps, this is what could have given birth to the idea of including a secondary pump.
There are pressure sensors embedded in secondary pump which constantly monitor air pressure levels.
And when there is a drop in air density, the NeverFLAT system self starts and silently pumps in additional air required to maintain pre-set comfort level.
I bet you would not even remember the next morning if your mattress had an air loss. And how many times had the secondary pump jumped into action.
Preset Comfort Levels:
As depicted in the image, the convenient dial like setting allows you to select your desired comfort level between Plush, Medium and Firm. You can choose your firmness level from these 3 pre-set comfort levels.
And neverFlat pump will maintain the firmness level throughout the night helping you get a comfortable night sleep.
- Simply adjust the dial to desired firmness level – Plush, Medium or Firm
- Turn on the auto-inflate feature and the primary pump blows the air mattress to desired comfort level. The pump automatically shuts-off on reaching the preset comfort level.
- Thereafter, the sensors of secondary NeverFLAT pump switch into action and constantly monitor & maintain the air pressure levels to avoid sagging
Primary Pump Noise Levels
Yes, the primary pump did make considerable noise while inflating but it wasn’t deafening though. But that’s the case with every other pump of any air mattress, be it in-built AC pump or battery powered.
You have to doubt whether to call it a pump or not if it does not make noise as its burdened primary duty is to quickly inflate a raised air mattress to its maximum height of 18 inches.
However, personally this was not much of a problem to me as the auto-inflate function took only a couple of minutes to inflate the mattress to maximum “FIRM” comfort level before it auto shut-off.
And moreover, if you wish to use the airbed on a daily basis then you need not inflate it every time. The secondary NeverFLAT pump will take care of maintaining air pressure level.
Secondary Pump Noise Levels
I don’t remember, while asleep, waking up to any disturbing noise emanating from NeverFLAT pump whenever it turned on briefly for compensating air loss.
But there have been reviews stating that there is a consistent beep like whisper emanating from the pump whenever it auto-starts.
I tested it again to check if there was a problem with the pump or my ears. In dead silence at mid-night hour, I tried hard to notice any noise. And somehow I was fortunate enough to have not noticed it.
Serta Perfect Sleeper Queen Air Bed with Headboard
Well, for those who love to see a headboard along with an air mattress then Serta perfect sleeper queen air bed with Headboard shall be the perfect choice.
This offers you the comfort of leaning your back on the headboard, pretty much similar to traditional beds with headboards.
Serta Raised Air Mattress CAPACITY & DURABILITY
What is the Construction Type and Material Used?
Circular Coil Design
The mattress construction employs circular coil design. There are 35 circular coils in queen size bed and 21 circular coils in a twin size bed.
Just for you to understand, I have put up the image of SoundAsleep mattress here to help you quickly understand the internal construction as I could not dare take the risk of ripping apart my queen size Serta mattress to show you the 35 internal circular coil design.
Much similar to springs in traditional mattresses, these air coils align to our body weight and distribute the weight evenly across the entire surface of the mattress.
Without these coils in place, perhaps, we can use these mattresses as air balloons.
Another interesting observation is that even the edges of the mattress are quite sturdy.
They did not allow tilting or tossing even when I tried testing the firmness by sleeping on the edges. Thanks to the horizontal and vertical beams, they were firmly sturdy.
The top surface is soft and flocked, like most other mattresses, apparently to keep the bed sheets in place.
Durability & Material Used
If you are looking for an airbed with better longevity and higher durability, the Serta Raised Air Mattress should be your choice.
The whole mattress, made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) allows extra bit of stretching as it procures warmth with usage.
Stretching in a way enhances the overall volume of the bed.
This, in fact is an advantage, especially when you decide to pump it to maximum “FIRM” comfort level.
By stretching, PVC material eliminates the risk of bursting or cracking the seams when the mattress is fully inflated.
It looks as if the company had taken extra care in selecting best vinyl grade material, the surface of the mattress is both puncture resistant and water-proof.
I didn’t really do the waterproof check on this mattress after my 8 month old kid tested it several times, albeit the other way.
And there was no wear and tear beneath the mattress either, even after I had dragged it several times within the room when I used it on a regular basis.
Serta Raised Air Mattress EASE OF USE
Setting Up the mattress
Measuring the ease of use of any mattress starts with setting it up.
- And setting up Serta mattress and storing it back in the bag is the easiest thing to do.
- But don’t think of lifting a fully inflated mattress and moving it to another room. Serta mattress, unlike thin camping mattresses, is a raised airbed, 18 inches tall when fully inflated and obviously on the heavier side.
- Whenever I had to set it up in another room, all I could do was to first deflate it, carry it and then set it up again.
- Packing and storing the mattress, as said in first point above is as easy as setting it up. The quick 4 minute deflation saves considerable time in packing it back.
- You don’t need to wrestle with the storage bag either for placing the deflated airbed inside. The bag is conveniently big enough.
- Additionally, the mattress comes with an integrated cord storage cup to store the power cord safely.
As mentioned in initial sections of this review, the control features are the easiest ways to operate an air mattress.
- Using the auto-inflate and auto-deflate functionalities with auto shut-off features
- Tuning the dial like settings to desired comfort level between plush, medium and firm
I think these features should pretty much make the operating part hassle free.
The only other way that could further ease the whole operating process and make it more convenient is by managing all these functions using a remote control. But this innovation is yet to take birth, until then this is the Best.
Serta Raised Queen Air Mattress has 18 inches raised height which helps in getting in and out of the bed without any hassles.
Serta Raised Air Mattress Instruction Manual
Serta Raised Air Mattress FAQs
What are the dimensions of the mattress?
It comes in Queen and Twin sizes.
The dimensions of Serta Queen never flat air mattress are 18 (H) x 60 (W) x 80 (L) inches size and twin-size measures 18 (H) x 39 (W) x 74 (L) inches.
What's the weight and height of the mattress?
Serta raised air bed Queen weighs 20.56 lbs and Twin weighs 16.8 lbs.
Both queen and twin come with raised double height of 18 inches, making it easy for getting in and out of the bed.
Does the mattress come with in-built pump?
Of course, Serta air mattress never flat pump is in-built and comes with preset comfort levels - plush, medium and firm.
The pump also has automatic controls for auto inflate and auto deflate. All you need to do is select your level of firmness from plush, medium and firm levels for auto inflation and pump shuts off automatically after the comfort level is reached.
And when you want to deflate the mattress, simply select auto deflate and the pump deflates the mattress within 4 minutes and shuts off automatically.
Does the mattress come with a carry bag?
Yes, the mattress comes with a convenient carry and also with integrated cord storage cup.
With the mattress itself being made from durable puncture and water-resistant material, you need not worry about issues even while storing or transporting the mattress.
The only other bed that comes with patented never flat pump is the Insta bed Raised Air Mattress manufactured by the same company.
What's the Warranty of the mattress?
Serta Never Flat Air Mattress Warranty comes with 2 Years Product Warranty
- Made of polyvinyl chloride the bed is capable of bearing full pressure inflation
- The material is stretchable hence provides it with the ability to hold a higher volume of air without bursting
- The mattress is waterproof which renders protection to the motors present inside the bed.
- Mattress helps in improving quality of sleep for those who are suffering from back pain, poor blood circulation and other medical ailments that result in poor sleeping habits
- The product is manufactured in the United States with finest and best craftsman having an ample experience in the field.
- Large carry bag means easy packing and better portability allowing you to carry it even outdoors.
- Serta raised queen neverflat pump bed comes with a dimension of 18 X 60 X 78 inches which bestows comfort to a person of any weight and height
- The built-in pump can be operated at much ease. You just need to plug and play it.
- Auto controls with auto-off feature help in easy inflation and deflation the mattress
- Develops slight odor as you unpack it for the first time. But the smell doesn’t long for more than a session
- Made from PVC material
- Can’t be moved easily from one room to another when the mattress is fully inflated and heavy
Serta NeverFlat Air Mattress WARRANTY & CUSTOMER SERVICE
The Serta Raised Air Bed comes with 2 year product warranty. However, it is recommended to test it prior to storage and better to check and inspect the mattress as soon as it gets delivered to your place.
This will confer you the time to raise a ticket for getting the mattress replaced.
The complaints against Serta Air bed customer service are almost negligible. They respond to customer queries in no time. However, replacements will not be entertained post the warranty period.
Final Say on Serta Raised Air Mattress with Never Flat Technology Pump
If you are looking to buy or use an air mattress for the first time or if you have had a bad experience with your previous air mattresses then I would personally suggest you to try this one out.
Serta will never disappoint you and neither did to scores of other buyers.
Taking into account it’s neverflat technology, the auto-controls for easy inflation and deflation, the raised height, abrasion resistant and stretchable PVC material, 2-year warranty and above all its competitive pricing, I believe it is a perfect choice.
Be it the twin sized or the queen sized bed, the Serta never flat air mattress is a great value for money and the most comfortable air mattress over the years.
Product Images Source: Amazon