Most Comfortable Air Mattress Review 2018
Optional furniture such as air mattresses are not just indispensable when guests arrive unexpectedly at home but also serve as advantageous when you plan to go for camping. However, choosing the right air mattress that fits your needs is a tedious process. Comfort is an integral factor that you need to ensure while filtering through a number of parameters while purchasing the most comfortable air mattress.
In fact, there are 2 types of air beds, the raised air mattresses and low raised air mattresses. Lets quickly look through the differences in comfort level offered by these 2 mattress types.
RAISED AIR MATTRESS
The Raised Airbed mattresses top the list of most comfortable airbeds. The raised level allows you to quickly get in and out of the bed without the need to bend and strain your knees every time.
However, they might not fully serve the purpose while camping but they will surely impress as guest beds as they can be quickly set-up even when you have just a little space to offer to your guests.
LOW RAISED AIR MATTRESS
If you are planning to purchase an affordable and small airbed during emergency traveling or camping, the low raised air mattress should be your choice.
These airbeds are indispensable in conferring the right level of comfort and do not add much weight to your packing either.
Let me now quickly run you through details of each of the below 8 mattresses before you decide which is the most comfortable air bed that's both easy to setup and also portable.
39" x 16.5" x 75"
Built-in Electric Pump
78" x 19" x 58"
Patented 1-Click Internal Pump
60" x 22" x 80"
Built-in Electric Pump
60" x 22" x 80"
High-Power, Built-In AC Electric Pump
79" x x 6.25" x 55"
Battery Operated Pump
60" x 8.75" x 80"
80" x18" x 60"
Intex Pillow Rest Raised Airbed with Built-in Pillow and Electric Pump, Twin could possibly be the best-rated air mattress comfortable for both indoor and outdoor use. It's flocked top is waterproof and has also got vinyl beams, designed as a double layered wave structure and can rise well above 16.5 inches off the ground. You will be amazed at its sturdy construction. You'll also get built-in pillows that will add up to your comforts. It is an inflatable twin airbed that tht comes with an in-built electric pump. The highly powered pump will ease the process of inflation as well as deflation and is capable of inflating the mattress in just 3 minutes.
The best attributes of Intex pillow raised mattress don't end there. It has also got an astounding 300-pound load capacity as well! Its features are what make it so very desirable. This mattress just weighs about 13 pounds and is easy for you to carry and hence could be your best airbed for camping. If you are particular about camping air bed reviews for this product, rest assured that it has mostly got positive reviews and is one of the bestselling camping air mattresses.
- Water Resistant
- Inflates within 3 minutes
- Weighs just 13 pounds and comes with a convenient storage bag
- Flocked top helps in keeping the bedding in the right place
- Supports up to 300 pounds load capacity
- Mattress size varies based on inflation level and might need frequent re-inflation
- It comes only in twin size
The SoundAsleep Dream Series air mattress with ComfortCoil Technology is the most comfortable air bed available in the market.
The ComfortCoil technology shows industry the leading design with its 40 air coils in the interior that add up to the support system and durability of the bed. The mattress stays really firm without any overnight deflating thus allowing you to have a sound sleep. It's powerful internal pump can inflate the bed to full firmness in less than 4 minutes and can also be deflated very easily and quickly.
This air mattress is perfect for overnight camping. It's a queen size air mattress with dual chamber double height construction. The bottom grip of this bed is so firm that it can avoid unwanted sliding of the mattress.
The material of the bed is thicker and has got a flocked top that is waterproof, durable and puncture resistant. Besides being just 19 pounds, as an add-on with this product, you will also get a carry bag making it is easier for you to carry it while camping.
- Perfect for overnight camping as it comes with an internal pump and a transport bag
- Double advantage - comes in queen size and also with increased double height
- Contains multilayers of materials which are puncture and water resistant
- Leads to minimal air loss and thus there is reduced sagging
- Firm bottom grip
- The pump makes moderate noise during inflation and deflation of the mattress
- There is PVC stretching initially
The Intex Raised Downy Airbeds comes with a built-in AC electric pump that helps in easy inflation and deflation. While most other airbeds come at a height of 18 inches above the ground, this airbed's height is 22 inches thus offering right level of comfort and stability.
The sturdy construction of this comfortable camping mattress prevents wear and tear in the mattress. The top of the airbed is flocked with 15 gauge vinyl beams whereas the sides are flocked with 16 gauge vinyl beams rendering extra ruggedness.
The indented sides assist in keeping the sheets in place and thus prevent the same from slipping. The mattress comes with a carry bag.
- Can be inflated in less than 5 minutes
- There are 15 gauges vinyl beams on top and 16 gauges on side of the mattress that enhances the durability of the air mattresses
- The mattress comes with a notched area on top of the airbed that assists in securing fitted sheet to the mattress
- Comes with a flocked top which is highly resistant to water and puncture
- The intake valve does not have a stopper with it
The Intex Comfort-Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed comes with a high powered built-in electric pump that allows hassle free inflation and deflation. The comfort plush technology in this most comfortable camping mattress provides perfect stability and extra comfort which is normally absent in traditional air mattresses. Thanks to the additional soft materials flocked at the top of the mattress that assure maximum comfort to your upper body.
- The Dura-Beam technology means durability for a lifetime
- Comfort-Plush technology offers extra comfort levels and firmness
- Comes at a reasonable price
- Comes with a built-in pump
The Lightspeed Outdoors Deluxe TPU Air Bed with Battery-Operated Pump stands up to the expectation of people on the lookout for a comfortable air mattress.
With a patented stabilizer system and 192 independent connections between top and bottom layers help in adjusting the airbed to desired firmness . It comes with a battery-operated pump, a built-in Boston valve and weighs just 6 pounds which makes it highly portable. Owing to its battery operated pump and lighter weight it can additionally serve as the best camping air mattress as well.
Built with thermoplastic polyurethane materials, the bed does not stretch like other PV airbeds. The thermoplastic polyurethane prevents the mattress from swelling in an abnormal way and with 79 x 55 inch size it can comfortably support the weight and space of two obese persons.
The brand is well renowned owing to it's high durability and above average toughness and is counted to be abrasion and puncture resistant. The battery powered air pump is paramount for easy deflation and inflation.
- The patent stabilizer mechanism helps in adjusting firmness to desired levels
- The mattress is much lighter and hence can be folded without any hassles, thereby ensuring higher portability
- The airbed comes with an oversized carry bag aiding easy packing for emergency traveling purposes
- The TPU construction offers higher durability along with additional comfort.
- Excellent customer service
- The air pump operated by batteries might not be as effective as AC powered electric pumps
Intex Classic Downy Airbed, Queen - Most Comfortable Air Mattress
The Intex Classic Downy Airbed, Queen is suitable for both outdoor and indoor use. In case you are also looking for a comfortable camping beds along side for daily use, go for it. It comes with a 2-in-1 valve with an extra-wide opening that helps in inflating and deflating the airbed with much ease. The flocked top with wave beam construction offers additional comfort and durability to the airbed. This most comfortable inflatable mattress is waterproof and lasts for a number of years without wear and tear.
It comes with 15 gauge vinyl at the sides and bottoms which are capable of sustaining weight up to 300-pound. New airbeds generally take around 72 hours for stretching or breaking fully.
- Two inflatable pillows come at free of cost
- The top of the airbed comes with a plush flocking providing extra comfort
- Deflating the air bed is easier and can be accomplished twice as faster as inflating the same.
- They don't provide air pump along with these air beds
The Insta-Bed Raised Air Mattress With Never Flat Pump uses latest technology that ensures no air is lost while sleeping at night and you do not end up on the ground with a back ache.
This comfortable blow up mattress comes with two pumps. While the primary pump aids in inflating and deflating the air mattress in lesser than 4 minutes, the secondary pump assists in maintaining and monitoring air pressure to the requisite level of comfort while sleeping.
The 21 circular coils present in the twin size bed and the 35 circular coils in the queen size bed form a supportive and stronger surface that provide desired firmness, much required for a sound sleep. The air bed is made of PVC or polyvinyl chloride which means higher durability and these mattresses are puncture resistant.
- Mattress comes in a carry bag and hence is much easier to carry it during vacations, trips and camping.
- Never-flat technology means no loss of air in the middle of night
- The circular coils present render additional comfort and stability
- PVC or polyvinyl chloride material means these beds are both water resistant and puncture resistant.
- The airbed needs constant power supply to keep the bed inflated and fully firm through out the night
- Temperature and altitude might affect firmness
Proper sleep at night is a prerequisite for a healthy living. But with an uncomfortable bed, you may end waking up with a soaring back. This calls for high quality comfortable mattresses that provide perfect relaxation during the night and even while you are on the move.
Several users prefer using Intex Raised Downy Airbed with Built-in Electric Pump as it's raised height makes getting in and out of the bed much easier.
The Insta-Bed Raised Air Mattress with Never Flat pump is a well-renowned brand globally known for creating high quality and comfortable beds. The Never Flat Pump technology with 2 pumps ensure that the bed doesn't lose air throughout the night. They are made from high-grade materials for longevity and durability for a number of years without encountering any issues.
Images Source: Amazon